We’re always looking for ways to make our office a place that inspires productivity and creativity, and thus, a more enjoyable place to work. Being in San Francisco puts us in the heart of the ever sought after start-up culture, so we borrowed some of these design ideas when considering ways to improve our own workspace at DPEM HQ.
1. The fresh design of contemporary new offices has a more open and inviting atmosphere. This translates to a lot more glass and very few walls dividing up individual workspaces. The idea of restricted cubicles does not allow for open collaboration and communication among workers, so we to have scratched this idea, instead opting for a more communal space with open walls.
2. Modern offices are often designed to have very high, exposed ceilings and large windows that allow employees more open space and a view of the outdoors. At DPEM HQ, we find that maximizing the amount of natural sunlight in the office creates a more calm and relaxing space (and saves energy too).
3. We love glass conference rooms that give employees a space for privacy, but still don’t close them off from the rest of the workplace. This space eliminates any noise issues in the new, open office spaces as well. Plus, the glass walls are a great drawing board for brainstorming sessions.
4. We find the best way to keep our energy up and our minds sharp is to have snacks and treats readily available to eat throughout the day. At DPEM, our kitchenette is stashed with teas and healthy snacks.
5. Finally, we love the idea of bringing the outside, inside. We try to incorporate elements of the environment into our space, surrounding ourselves with as many living things as possible.
What measures to you take to keep your workspace a place of inspiration and motivation?